Tuesday 27 September 2011

Fish Doctors


So I have become obsessed with fish spas! Yes… fish spas…   Basically there are fish created by God that by their very nature eat the dead skin cells off humans. Ok, so I openly admit that their sole purpose is probably not for human dead skim cell consumption, but they do an amazing job at in. I know this sounds totally gross, but once you try it you will agree that it’s awesome!!!

How it works: Picture a really large aquarium, with a bench on one end.  Once you sit on the bench and place your feet near the top of the water, you see the fish (like aquatic leeches) following your movements waiting for the instant that your heel breaks the surface. As you graze the surface dozens of fish begin fighting to ‘kiss’ your feet with their magical suckers. At first all you can do is laugh – well to be perfectly honest at first you spend a good 1-5 minutes convincing yourself to even put your feet into the water. After the laughing stops, which can last from 30 seconds to 3 minutes depending on how brave you are and how fast you force your feet into the water without pulling them up again, you realize just how relaxing this aquatic therapy really is. At one point I even got daring enough to spread my toes out so the fish could easily access the skin between my toes.
As fun as it was, I was skeptical at how much it would ‘work’. I was shocked to find out that after one 10 minutes I could already feel the difference on my feet. Through drying my feet off I noticed how smooth my skin was – with a refreshed glow. Walking around post procedure my feet felt lighter and more alive – the tiredness of the day was got (I had been sightseeing all day so I was legitimately tired).
Needless to say I was totally hooked – especially with the price of RM5 for 10 minutes in Central Market (KL, Malaysia) – which is less than $2 USD! Since my first visit I went for the second time and experiences comparable results.
Apparently they are outlawed in the US, due to fear of bacteria or something like that, but in Southeast Asia they are everywhere. If you ever come, you must try this out – you won’t regret it for sure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment